Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Organ Identification

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by savagelucy, Jan 19, 2003.

1. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    Hey everybody,

I need help identifying and old organ. It's called "Thomas Playmate 1100 Series Contra Phase II", it's made by Thomas International

Has anyone ever heard of them?

Are they good? bad?

I just want to know because my Grandma has one that she doesn't want anymore, so she said I can have it. I just need a little information on it.

thanks

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Try a search on "Google".

3. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada

why didn't I think of that?

4. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    no luck on google. :(

anybody else have ideas or information?

5. when i saw the name of this thread, i thought you meant, like, HUMAN organs.
    but no, i dunno anyhting about organs. sorry

6. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I searched Google and found several European web sites that mention the Thomas Playmate organ. One even has a photo of it. Another one sells spare parts for Thomas organs. Yet another website sells used organs of different brands including Thomas. They call the used oragns "pre-loved" organs. I thought that was funny.

I searched using the phrase "Thomas Playmate organs."

If you click on one of those web sites, you may be able to find an e-mail address where you can inquire about the value of the organ in question.

Google searches are tricky. You have to keep trying different phrases until one works.

7. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    This is a bass forum, what do you expect? I'm sure it's a nice old lady living room organ. Thomas was a big company, they made wah pedals too. What info do you really need? Play it. Some old lady organs come with cool drum machines, jam along with it. All old lady organs come with a cool bench that has a secret compartment where they stash their hymnals. Take out the hymnals and teach yourself to play songs that glorify the Lord.

8. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

A nice old lady living room organ. What a concept!

9. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Are you implying that Savagelucy's grandmother is not nice? :D She's giving away an organ for ****sakes! How many of us would do the same?

10. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    Boplicity-- Thanks for the help, I don't know why my first* google search didn't work, I used the same phrase as you. :confused:

jondog-- The organ was in her dinning room, not living room, but she is a very nice old lady. It also comes with a bench, but no luck on the hymnals. Oh well, tommorows another day. :D

EDIT: *