1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

organ/key-board-ee effect...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dougray, Oct 5, 2008.

1. dougray

dougray

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    i am playing the intro to "mr.crowely"(ozzy) what type effect would give me that sound or sorta...thanks.

2. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    i havn't heard the track but i remember watching a video for a boss pedal and he distintly said that you could get an organ sound and it actually did sound relatively organy... It was either one of the new twin pedals, or the ps3 or ps5 i THINK
    hope that helps

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If you mean organ sound as in a B3 into a Leslie cranked, I've done it with a flanger or phaser and an OD with a light setting. If you mean sounding like bass pedals on an organ, I'd say roll off all treble and high mids and compress the hell out of it so it sustains.

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    My Micro POG->Hematoma sounds quite like an organ in the right pos on the bass. Dry 50%, Sub @ 1 o'clock, and Octave Up @ Max. The Hema does roll off quite a bit of high end the way I have it set, but any darkish OD should work.

5. I am basing this response on this clip.

You talking about that synth line, or the organ chording.... or both:eek:?

If you're talking about that synth line, then I think a Digitech Bass Synth Wah, Ibanez SB-7, or for a few more pennies a BassMicroSynth from EHX can kind of get that for you.

If your talking about the organ chord, then I am thinking POG.

If your trying to pull off both, then I think you need a HOG w/expression pedal, a synth pedal, and a mixer or blender.

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Boss OC-2. This gives nice organ sounds. You can pick them up pretty cheap too.

7. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    I use an organ like effect quite a bit actually ... think a ratty old B-3 being driven past its limit in the lower registers.

It all started when we needed keys type fill on solos and such with just a guitar-bass-drums ssetting

Here is what I use

EBS multicomp, into an EBS octabass, then to a Roger Mayer Voodoo Bass set to slight overdrive, and finally to a Voodoo Lab micro-vibe ...

:smug: ... It can get pretty nasty with all of that running and still sound strangly natural and organic.

8. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    well i saw someone mention the PS-3 can anyone give me there settings for the organ sound on it. i have been using it at this setting

3 oclock 10 oclock 2 oclock 8

that gives me some cool stuff but not quite organ sounding.

9. I can get some big ominous sounding church-organ sounds with the Space Station model on my EX-7.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    You're never going to get an exact match. I'd settle for "pretty good."

11. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    "crack" that was my heart breaking :crying: i want the organ sound but dont want a key board

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Then buy a MIDI pickup and run it into a synth or sampler set on "organ." Might have some tracking issues, but that's the only way you'll get a dead on organ sound. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The good news, though, is you can get kind of close with rotating-speaker type effects, so if you're willing to overlook it not being a dead-on match, it should be close enough for rock 'n' roll.

13. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

Mar 9, 2008
    The EHX Pog or Micro Pog will do the intro to Mr Crowley fantastically well. I want to include it in the set just to show off the organ capabilities of the pedal! :p I don't think anything else will get as close as you need both octave up and octave down. The bigger Pog has a few more options, but the Micro Pog will do just fine. It's an awesome pedal! So many uses!

14. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    really? im very noob at this. so a really fast pulsating flanger would get this sound?

15. That organ is a either a Moog Voyager or a Korg MU-20

16. The EHX HOG NAILS the organ sound if you set it up right. I played with a band whose guitarist used one, and it was a dead-on organ sound.

17. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
  18. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    but dude the HOG is so much money

19. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Wow, I'm a lot more behind the 8-ball with effects than I thought! You can actually get a real organ sound with them now? Geez, I thought I was doing pretty good with a phase shifter and a lot of compression!

20. Yeah, you can do it, but it's not cheap. I'd love a HOG (and a POG, for that matter) but I'm too much of a cheapskate to ever actually spring for one.