Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ORGASMIC E-BAY FIND!!! WAL!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheEmptyCell, Aug 29, 2005.

1. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    23 kilos in the case , that's 46 lbs.

i wonder if you can play it sitting down without losing the blood circulation in your right arm ? :D

2. Audiophage

Audiophage

Jan 9, 2005
    Don't you mean right leg? For that matter, who would ever play that thing standing up?

3. That seems awfully heavy even for a doubleneck... maybe JT can comment.

4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    looks like the one that Jonas used to own... Funny there isn't even a mention of him in that eBay post.

5. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Most people would take it out of the case before playing it. :)

Somebody should ask the seller what the bass weighs alone, though.

6. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    I have one and it weighs right around 20 pounds.

7. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    If I had the extra cash it would be a great bass to have. Just for fun. Jonas Hellborg is the only person I've heard that had one.

8. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I think that the 46 pounds includes the case as well. So having an elephant haning on your shoulder for 3 hours would be bad enough, but this would only be a 3 year old elephant not a fulll grown one ;) :p

9. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    This reminds me perfectly of the John Mclaughlin and Jonas Hellborg duets, where Jonas does some killer chord work and slapping on a Wal double neck just like that. PLUS a midi input, wow, if I had the cash I'd pick that up.

10. Since you have one, I'll ask you; If there's the same amount of strings on each neck, and the pickups look the same under each set of strings, and the bridges are the same, the only thing I've noticed is that one neck looks a little more slender than the other. So my question is, what do you have different between the two necks. Tuning, only? :confused:

11. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    One's fretted, one's fretless...

12. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    BINGO! :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Oh, man!!! I now have some SERIOUS GAS! :eek: Thanks for the explaination! Does it come in a 5-string?

14. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    I got rid of my Wal Mach 1 mainly for weight reasons. I couldn't imagine lugging TWO of them around together.

15. walwear

walwear

Feb 17, 2003
  16. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

THAT's a beauty! :D ...but I can only agree with Sufenta, that I'll bet that I will have to have neck and back surgery if I buy one! I suppose that sitting would be okay... Everything you want right there at your fingertips.