Origin Effects Compact Bass compressor on Electric Guitar?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Junta, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Junta

Junta

Aug 11, 2016
    I finally gave in and bought the Origin Effects CB...

Has anyone tried this pedal on electric guitar with good results? The idea here is to eliminate the Empress from my guitar/bass combo board which is already way too crowded.

I am a middle aged beginner in a hurry to get the best results I can this second!; advanced beginner who plays for self and makes/records his own music... Drums from computer, and I play all bass and guitar parts. Mostly heavier genres.

After doing a test of this pedal against my Empress Compressor with my Geddy Lee USA and Dingwall NG-2 5string, I am convinced that on bass I am getting much better results with the Origin pedal. Almost no need to use further compression in the box while mixing, because I am confident enough to do 'all the compression I need' with the Origin Effects pedal while recording. I am attributing my perceived improvement mostly to the sidechain HPF, and to a lesser extent to the lower noise floor on the OE CB pedal. The pedal also pushes my GED-2112 preamp pretty nicely...

With electric guitar, I am in the process of doing my own comparisons... Compression being a rather subtle effect on electric guitar for the most part, it is a challenging task. So i thought I would ask.

Thanks, and cheers!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yes the Origin "bass" pedals work well on all non-bass instruments.

Junta likes this.
  3. Junta

Junta

Aug 11, 2016
    good to get confirmation from bongomania!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021