Origin Effects RevivalDRIVE

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Slaymus, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Slaymus

Slaymus Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2004
    Quebec
    New drive pedal from Origin Effects.
    RevivalDRIVE.jpg

From the website :
    Even though aspects of this pedal will sound great with bass, we also have a bass player voiced design currently in development, with further details being announced later in 2018.
    :bassist::bassist::bassist:

rguerin, hintz, jonlimo and 5 others like this.
  2. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    I saw this on Instagram and on Facebook. It's not a cheap pedal and I'll wait for soundclips to hear how it sounds, but from the specifications it has the potencial to be one of the most amazing OD's that exists. The amount of tweakability that it presents it's amazing.
    It's like an analogue Kemper.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    gregmon79 likes this.
  3. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    From the Facebook post:

"It’s the first ever overdrive from Origin Effects – and the first overdrive of its kind, ever! That’s because the RevivalDRIVE houses a complete valve amp-style signal path recreated using all-analogue electronics. It accurately delivers a wide range of British and American amp tones, from clean to fully cranked, with the ability to dial in exactly the drive characteristics and dynamic response you desire.

The RevivalDRIVE’s unique circuit design incorporates not only the preamp, phase inverter, power amp and rectifier stages, but also a synthesised mains power signal and a speaker-emulating reactive load. Because these stages behave and interact just like the real thing, the RevivalDRIVE is the first pedal capable of delivering true amp-like overdrive, power amp sag and the characteristic “ghost tones” generated when cranking certain vintage amps.

Better still, we’ve built in a range of EQ compensation features that let you fine-tune the output of RevivalDRIVE to suit a range of popular amps – or even plug straight into a flat-response power amp.

As part of the new RevivalDRIVE range, we’re also releasing the RevivalDRIVE CUSTOM. Designed for maximum versatility, the RevivalDRIVE CUSTOM features additional front-panel controls and a secondary EQ that will let you precisely match the pedal with almost any amplifier. For touring players, it’s the ultimate fly-rig overdrive!

Features include:
    Solid-state and valve-styled rectifier channels
    Dual Class-A preamp stages
    Phase inverter and push-pull power amp stages
    Built-in reactive speaker load
    Fully variable mid boost
    Unique Ghost control
    Dry Blend control for parallel drive effects
    Re-Amp EQ controls
    RevivalDRIVE CUSTOM only:

Additional amp-matching filter/EQ controls
    Optional two-button Revival Footswitch:

Override Dry Blend control
    Activate mid boost

Pricing:
    RevivalDRIVE £469/$549
    RevivalDRIVE CUSTOM £569/$659
    Revival Footswitch £TBC/$TBC"

4. saabfender

saabfender Inactive

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure they could come up with a bass guitar version that has even more knobs, trim pots and switches on it if they just put their minds to it.

mobdirt, Driven Crane and Nunovsky like this.
  5. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    If in the end it can make some hamburguers and order beers, I'll sell all my drives and get one just for myself.

gregmon79 and saabfender like this.
  6. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I want to try one but the price scares me.

Slaymus likes this.
  7. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    I'm going to wait for the Bass version.

Driven Crane and DirtyDuke like this.
  8. TheLopp

TheLopp

Dec 30, 2013
    I think it’s time to start saving for the bass version. I just need to get one.

9. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Westchester, NY
    Annnnndddd...I want one

gregmon79 likes this.
  10. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    They sure do know how to sell a product! Origin is top shelf stuff and I would expect nothing less of a drive they would build. Def expensive but I'm sure it's worth it. Plus it sure seems to do a lot which is nice. Bet it sounds SAF.

11. willsellout

willsellout I apologize in advance. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    What you are supposed to say is that you could buy a Line 6 HX for the same price!

gregmon79 likes this.
  12. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I actually am on the opposite side here where I doubt it’s worth the price. At least the Deluxe. To me that’s an insane price point but I’m getting a bit of a different mind set on gear the last several months. I’ll say, it definitely looks cool. I’d need many, many demos to discern whether I’d even be remotely interested though. Top shelf or not, I’m pretty tired of paying ridiculous prices for pedals.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Matt Dean and nshuman like this.
  13. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Not really. I mean come on man. How much was that one delay you got/had? I can't even remember who made it, but it was like what, $1200???!(I don't know how much you got it for but that is roughly the going rate. I think. Roughly. Tell me if I'm wrong here). For a delay. That just does delay....now I'm not judging! haha seriously. But at least the Origin is like a preamp too as well as having things to fix phasing and as well as reactive speaker load with a TON of EQ and voicing options....That's not a crazy price all things considered. You look at the B7KU and its price point and this offers more in ways. And less in ways. I just don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for them to ask that much for what it is. And this is coming from a guy who is always screaming broke! ;) I don't normally spend more than $180 on a pedal. MOST times. I of course will splurge if I want it bad enough and I feel it's worth it.

14. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    IDK... for the $$$ it would have to be significantly better than my MBD-1, AO and VT. And that’s hard for me to imagine.

gregmon79 likes this.
  15. mobdirt

mobdirt Guest

Jun 14, 2017
    overkill

16. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    You're talking about the Toneczar Echoczar which has a 7 to 10 year wait list. That's why the price was so high. It's got a lot going for it but I'm going to agree it's overpriced.

For a dirt pedal, I'd never pay this. I don't care what it does. It's not worth it for me. I could buy an amp that does all of that plus more if I didn't already have a great amp. It's almost 700 bucks for the deluxe. I could kind of see the non deluxe but I personally wouldn't buy it.

They packed more in there than I need or want also. So, I get it on one hand but on the other, I don't. I would never buy one of their comps either.

Matt Dean and gregmon79 like this.
  17. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

:ninja:

18. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Having said all I said, I most likely wont get one. But it's mainly because I still have and use the MBD1 and still feel like it's top dog in the bass OD world. To/for me.

Matt Dean likes this.
  19. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    95% of the overdrive pedals I've tried don't come close to what I want to hear out of an overdrive. And the correlation with $$ spent on them is pretty much zero. So, spending that much for something I haven't tried - not gonna happen. If, however, it did actually do the sound in my head, and I could verify that before ordering it, I'd drop the cash on it so fast it'd make your head spin.

20. ThinCrappyTone

ThinCrappyTone Guest

Oct 1, 2011
    drool

Nunovsky likes this.