Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Original 1966 Fender P-Bass $2000

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by craigers2, Sep 28, 2002.

1. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    This is an all original 1966 Fender Precision Bass for sale in the standard Sunburst Color.

I bought this bass from Junkyard Guitars up in Detroit 2 years ago. according to junkyard, everything on the bass is original including the bridge and pickup covers. The finish is original to the bass, but is definately worn(very cool looking). the bass is extremely light.

the only thing really wrong with the bass is there are a few extra holes in the top where the previous owner moved the thumb rest above the strings. i have since moved the thumbrest to its original resting place.

the case is also a bit of a mystery. it doesn't look like an original Fender case, but a very old rickenbacker case with blue felt on the inside. the case is pretty beat up and one of the latches is missing.

the bass plays great and sounds even better.
    i'm selling the bass because my wife and i are buying our first house.

please email me with any questions
    craig_ruark@yahoo.com

2. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    i'll have some pictures of the bass by monday. i just have to borrow a digital camera.

3. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    pictures can be seen here.

pictures

4. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    bump.

this will go up on ebay at the end of the week if nobody makes me an offer.

thanks.
    craig

5. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    still for sale.

make me an offer.

[​IMG]

6. Cogno

Cogno Guest

Jun 11, 2001