Original 70's Ampeg V4B...$250 + shipping

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by nil, Apr 2, 2002.

1. C'mon, someone wants this!

Original Magnavox-era, original tubes. Goes nicely, been tested by the store (not by me, it's never been in my possession, which is probably a good thing! ;) )...
  2. thanks for the heads up...there they are!
  3. i cant see the pics....
  4. $250 is a good price. At 100 lbs+, shipping will be rough. I just shipped an 80 lb. cab here in the US - cost $75. Wanna visit New Orleans and bring it? :)
  5. welllll...I live in New Zealand so it might be a bit hard! :D

Ground shipping when I bought it (Albuquerque to California) was only about $35 I think. I've got a friend who works for DHL - i'll find out how much he can ship it for if ya like?

What's the Zip #?
  6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
  7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i have the money!
    i really need a bass head and the ampeg is perfect sorry for being so annoying but i really need the head. i can't afford another head and this is perfect.
    my code is 32738
    in florida
    it only cost $25 to ship my 80 pound 15 fender cab and it is 32in. tall 26 wide and 18 deep!
    and that was to philly!
    so shipping isn't that much!
  8. That's a great amp and a good price but the shipping will certainly cost well over $150 unless nil can cut a deal with his friend at DHL. New Zealand is a loooonnnggg way from Florida and those old Ampegs are heavy!
  9. DAMN! Sorry guys, I forgot to fill in the blanks...

The amp's currently living with my DHL friend in San Mateo, CA. (not New Zealand! ;) )

I bought it online a year or so ago, but ended up finding one here in NZ. It's been test run by the store for me (no hiccups), but i've never used it let alone seen it in person! :D

It's still in it's packaging that it came in from the store - hasn't been removed.
  10. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    so nil do you know how much to ship?
    does it need new tubes? or does it work?
    have any info about it from the shop?
    thanks hope to make business with you soon

11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i have the pics now.
    i just copy and pasted the sites
    and they came up on this
    it looks great man
    still intrested
    how will payment go?
  12. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    *looks around*
    are you out there?
    *looks around*
  13. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Is this head still available? Is it still in the US?
    If so I might be interested...