1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Original Baby Blue and Electric Blue FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by natemcbride, Feb 23, 2013.

1. natemcbride

natemcbride

Sep 6, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    This one goes out to fans of the first-generation SWR Baby Blue, one of the finest amps I've ever owned.

This combo is, as you can see, in need of new speakers all around. These became unavailable back in the early 00's when I started looking for Bag End replacements, so I moved on to other amps. I've always missed the sound of this one, for upright bass especially. The head works fine, sounds great when powering other cabinets.

It's well-loved, fuzzed up and missing eyeballs like the favorite teddy bear it was. Note the user-modified cabinet: before SWR corrected the issue with the BB II, it used to get hot enough around the head to melt solder joints. I ventilated.

I am listing it along with a currently non-functional Electric Blue head; this was repaired years ago and promptly stopped working, so I suspect a very minor issue--solder joint, etc.--must have sneaked by the repairman. Powers on but does not produce tone.

I'd like $500 plus shipping for both pieces, I'll consider offers for each individually and will make a kind price for anyone who can pick up in person. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. natemcbride

natemcbride

Sep 6, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    shots of fried BB speakers and vents

Attached Files:

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    PMed

4. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    I would like the head...please check your pms

5. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    Did you get it fixed yet? What was the problem...still want the head.

6. Same thing happened to my speakers. Contact Don at LDS and load some 8" Long Throws in that puppy. It will sound beefier and change the cab to 4ohm - giving you 160 watts.

One of the best amps on the planet.

7. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    Any updates on the head?? Still want it!

8. natemcbride

natemcbride

Sep 6, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah, just been swamped. I can get it to the shop on monday.