Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Original bass heavy band seeks new lead vocalist

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by zephir2004, Dec 14, 2004.

1. zephir2004

zephir2004

Mar 8, 2004
    Original bass heavy band in Jersey looking for a new lead vocalist. We are a 4 piece band with a about 25 songs and still writing more. We are very open minding and willing to hear each other out on creative idea. Also we are hoping that anyone new to the band will bring there own songs and creative Ideas. We are hoping to find someone that can enhance what we have and bring cool new material. We are a serious, dedicated and hard working band that loves all styles of music. We've been getting promo locally from 106.3 and 95.9 and quite a bit of press lately (If stuff like that matters). If interested, you can check out our website and press kit by clicking the links below. There are songs and song samples there. If you are interested you can email me anytime.

View Woodfish Website: http://www.woodfishmusic.com

View Elelctronic Press Kit: http://www.sonicbids.com/Woodfish

2. zephir2004

zephir2004

Mar 8, 2004
    Also, I forgot to mention that we will be playing our last show with our current singer at the Stone Pony this Friday night in case anyone is interested in checking us out live.

3. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Hey, sorry I can't sing for you but I downloaded some of your tracks way back in the show your bands website thread. Zephir2004 you are one hell of a bassist, I hope you guys get a new singer fast because Downbound and Scrape are amazing songs ;)

Keep on :bassist:

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    If you want someone who sucks at singing, but does a mean king diamond and has no stage presence... and lives in edinboro, PA...

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

All very nice - but this is a website for Bassists - not singers!!

Surely it would be better to post this on a discussion board for singers...? :meh:

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I was thinking that 90% of the bassist I've met can't sing at all... the other 9% are OK.... the other 1% is Geddy Lee *hears glass breaking in the distance*

7. zephir2004

zephir2004

Mar 8, 2004
    Hey every one thanks for the compliments, comments and suggestions. Sorry it took me a while to respond. I usually check the board at work and I have been out. Mostly using up my remaining vacation time before I loose it. I was just hoping someone might check out our site, pass on the word and be able suggest a friend or someone they know. If anyone knows anyone who sings great please spread the word.

thanks

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hmmm, did you try putting up flyers around town. Or ads in the local paper or something. Jersey is a big... you should be able to find someone NOT on talkbass. ;)