1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Original Coke vs. the 1000 variations. (and Coke vs. Pepsi)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Coke!

47 vote(s)
    67.1%
  2. Pepsi!

23 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think the word you meant to use was "discovered" not "decided."

BTW, do you still have any of those t-shirts available from your last TB tour (the PeteyMac 2000-2004 tour)? I'm not interested in any of the comeback tour t-shirts. I only liked you up until you cut your hair and sold out.

bc

2. Is Wilco's "Heavy Metal Drummer" consciously inspired by Pavement's "Cut Your Hair," or is it just a coincidence?

3. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Totally!!! I will only drink Coke if a) they don't serve Pepsi or b) if its Mexican Coke.

The Exxon on 183 in Leander sells Mexican Coke, and so does the one on Bagdad Road. They sell Mexican Pepsi, which is AWESOME!!

Cherie

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Racist.

bc

5. BC is a obviously a shill for American farm policies that put Mexican corn farmers out of work and on the streetcorners of Los Angeles. I think if this awful Sensenbrenner bill passes, I'm going to alert Homeland Security that he's aiding and abetting illegal immigration.

6. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    a la BUZZ beer on the drew carey show.

7. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Nah, just Un-American.

Viva la Mexico! Viva la Pepsi!

Cherie ;-)

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Mexican Coke.

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Just kidding...I myself refuse to drink Coke unless it is served to me by a Mexican.

bc

10. I presume that this is not a terribly strenuous prerequisite in Waco.

11. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    I've acctually seen mexican pepsi, squirt, and fanta around here (sold at local 7/11). Just like Coke, it is better.

12. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    How can one obtain these Mexican sodas? I don't think I've ever seen them.

13. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Not living on North pole is step one.

14. Wait about five years and the primary customer base will have established itself in even your cold northern state.

(I take it that they don't have many taquerias in Maine. ;) )

15. It's almost as easy to find them in McHenry, IL as it is here. Hay muchos barrios suburbanos cerca de Chicago.

16. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005

:D

I guess not, seeing as I have no clue what they are. :bag:

17. Split49

Split49

Mar 2, 2006
    COke TasTes FlaT!!!:bassist:

18. A taqueria is a restaurant that makes tacos--and usually burritos and tortas (Mexican sandwiches). Wherever there are working-class Mexicans, one will usually find a taqueria; the ubiquitous taco truck is the modern equivalent of the 19th-century chuck wagon. (Chicanos, the US-born children of Mexican immigrants, often assimilate so rapidly that they eat at Taco Bell. :spit: )

A taqueria that actually caters to Mexicans (as opposed to Taco Bell, which caters to us gabachos babosos) almost always has a decent selection of Mexican sodas: half-liter glass bottles of Mexi-Coke, ten different flavors of Jarritos, etc.

19. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005

Ah, alright. Yeah, we don't get any of those up here.

20. You will, soon.