1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Original Coke vs. the 1000 variations. (and Coke vs. Pepsi)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Coke!

47 vote(s)
    67.1%
  2. Pepsi!

23 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005

I certainly hope so.

I suppose if I get really desparate, I could order some online...

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    No, every one knows real taqueria is dirty place where the cook just came to US and haven’t learned English or evil capitalist ways. By time they get to Maine its over. Even NYC taqueria suck.

Really as soon as people who run those places learn that they don’t need to make food taste great but just clean place up make it look "Ethnicle mexican" (Sombreros on wall works well) and all yuppies will come and give them more money for less food with less quality it’s over. Yuppies are the evil of this world “no I will not go to place where they have rats for pets bluh bluh bluh”. Boohooooo

3. Pepsi tastes much better than coka cola - end of conversation!

mind you...CHERRY coke on the other hand...:cool:

4. Yeah, I agree.

5. Yeah, I eat at a taqueria like that every so often, "Taco Plus" (owned by a Greek!). The cook speaks way too much English and the bathrooms are really clean; they've got an "A" posted in the window by the L.A. County Board of Health. The carnitas is good, but I can't say much for the pastor.

The best pastor in West L.A., by comparison, comes from a taco truck that parks every night at an appliance repair shop about 50 feet from the San Diego Freeway; there's probably half an inch of accumulated soot on the roof of the truck. It has a phony address listed on its side (8250 Otis, South Gate, CA is a parking lot) and the owners/cooks talk to me in Spanish even though I'm obviously a gabacho. But boy HOWDY is the al pastor good.

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    This is only reason i am thinking about taken Spanish classes for second language. Sometimes its hard to order at those places. :D

7. Solo hablo bastante español para pedir ordenes en taquerias y decir "!no pueden estacionar sus coches aquí, pinche idiotas!"

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    haha, exactly what i need it for!

9. Sí, pero es importante hablar más que una lengua. Puedo leer y escribir razonáblemente bien, pero hablo como estudiante en escuela primera.

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    That’s usually true although reading part is important. I am fluent in Russian but since I moved here I kind of thought the same thing. Right now I am trying to perfect my reading and writing and wish I never dropped it. (That is what you said right? “You can read and write but you speak like a first grader and speaking is more important” right?)

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Sam's Club sells them by the 24 pack here in Waco.

bc

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA

WHAAAAA!?!?!?!? you win!!!! I have not seen that here.

13. You got the syntax a bit backward. "It's important to speak another language. I can read and write reasonably well, but I speak like an elementary school student."

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yup. Glass bottles.

bc

15. Yeah, I've only seen the glass bottles for sale as singles--but I've never been to Vallarta, Gigante, Northgate, or any of the other big Mexican-American supermarkets, and I don't have a Costco membership. I would imagine that Costco here has them.

16. Coke in glass? what a wierd thing...

17. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA

Got to love people from the North, they dont know what good is!

18. [Originally Posted by addylewis
    Pepsi tastes much more like a moldy cup of orange juice than coka cola - end of conversation!

QUOTE=Thunderbird91]Yeah, I agree.[/QUOTE]

OI! GERROFF MY POST YOU YANKEE GIT! ADMIT DEFEAT...!!!!