Original Duran Duran Back In Action!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Winston TK, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    It's a fact.

The original lineup of Duran Duran is back together and hard at work on a new disc, and possible tour.

That's right -- All 3 Taylors have rejoined the fold for this. (I'm quite surprised that Roger has decided to leave private life behind. Obviously, the dollar figures being tossed around are more than an adequate incentive.)

Check out the Duran official site. There are some cool pics of John in the studio sporting a natural finish StingRay! Cool!

I know that many of you out there probably don't give a fig about this. But, it has been clear over the past while here on TalkBass, that John Taylor has his share of fans. And, quite deservedly too. This guy was a much better musician than he was ever given credit. Do a search on this board and you'll dig up all kinds of great praise for his playing and sounds.

(Now, I just wonder how Warren Cuccorullo feels about being ousted in favour of Andy?!)
  2. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...maybe Warren will seize this chance & get the original Missing Persons back in action?

FWIW, I still like Duran Duran's debut & Rio album...not much after that held my interest, though.
  3. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    John Taylor's a good disco-y bassist, but have you noticed that all of their songs are in E?
  4. :confused: Planet earth's in D.
    so's Save a prayer.....
  5. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    It's an exaggeration, but there's a stretch of songs in "Rio" that are all in E. I think the band writes to Taylor's lowest note.
  6. Actually, Missing Persons still plays out every once in a while. They were at a little club not far from where I live called "The Coach House" in San Juan Capistrano late last year.
  7. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    With all the original members?
  8. Doh!

I haven't gone to see them play yet... :eek:
  9. mcdonap

Sep 25, 2001
    The only original members of MP currently in the group are Warren and Dale. (Wes Wehmiller is on bass.)

Interestingly, Terry Bozzio and Patrick O'Hearn just performed with Alex Machacek in Austin, TX a week or so ago.
  10. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    That's a damn shame.
    Terry Bozzio IS/was Missing Persons.
  11. John Taylor MADE that band...Awesome stuff he played...