1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Original Heavy Metal --- Feedback Please!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by SamJPow, Aug 19, 2012.

1. SamJPow

SamJPow

Apr 14, 2012
    Hello all! My hard rock/metal group Execution Unknown has begun recording our songs and would love to get some feedback! Any opinions are appreciated!

We are seeking a singer, so how do you feel about the music?

Our Reverb with all the songs:

reverbnation.com/executionunknown

2. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Not bad, but I would ditch that White Rabbit cover if it were my band.

Nice to see a young metal band doing something interesting -- especially with the vocals. I have come to anticipate screamo or cookie monster vocals right off the bat nowadays.

3. SamJPow

SamJPow

Apr 14, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback, did any track you listened to stand out in particular?

Other opinions?

4. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I am listening to Cobalt Command. I am digging the riffage and especially the key change at 1:00. Your stuff is pretty advanced for a young metal band and something about the way you use major and minor keys is making me think of Demons and Wizards somehow. But I don't think you sound like them. Overall, your vocals kind of reminded me of my buddy's band. You might dig them: http://www.reverbnation.com/caltrop Listen to the song "Blessed."

5. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    Yup. You all seem like you've got some good chops. Vocals remind me of Page Hamilton - check out some Helmet for inspiration.

Keep writing, keep playing, keep recording. You guys are on the right track. And have fun!

- Good luck.

6. That's some pretty good stuff.

Question: What are you guys using to record? It sounds kindy airy to me, that's about it.

Other than that, great chops on everyone's part, nobody is sticking out too much. I've heard some younger bands that just don't mix, as if everyone intentionally set their amps to 'Obnoxious'.

Definitely getting a "Like" on Facebook.

Peace,
    Greg

7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

The music is solid, the vocals were pretty awful, but it seems your already looking for a real singer.

I also do not get your progressive label, this all seemed fairly straight forward.

Good luck and keep the music coming.

8. SamJPow

SamJPow

Apr 14, 2012
    Thank you for the feedback!

To kanonfodr - we have recorded all the tracks ourselves using a small mixing board

9. SamJPow

SamJPow

Apr 14, 2012
    Also, how would you describe our style of music? What genre would you categorize this as?