1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Original Issue Lakland Duck Dunn

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by buffordbass, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    The ONLY reason this one is for sale is to chase a US Bob Glaub. Here is the info from the ad I bought it from, pretty well says it all!!

...up for grabs is an original issue Lakland Skyline Duck Dunn signature Bob Glaub Precision type bass. This bass was made in the early days of Lakland's Korean made Skyline series of basses and (according to internet lore / urban legend) only 200 of them were made. It is not, I repeat NOT one of the more recently made Skyline Duck Dunn basses that are candy apple red with a matching headstock and a J width (1.5" @ the nut) maple neck with a bound rosewood fingerboard with block position markers. It has a 3 color sunburst ash body (that looks better than the attached pictures would indicate) with a maple/maple P width (1.65" @ the nut) neck and a gold anodized pickguard. It is in like new condition, comes with a Lakland branded Levy's gig bag (also in like new condition), plays great, sounds killer, holds a tune and is all original including Lakland's top shelf hardware (such as Hipshot Ultralight tuners and their proprietary high mass, top load/strings through bridge) except that the original pickup has been replaced by a Fender Custom Shop '59 Precision pickup.

pm if you have questions or to send offers.
    Paypal preferred, no international sales, no trades...

$925.00 shipped and insured to the lower 48.

Thanks for looking.

DuckDunnFrontSmall.gif

DDLEBack.gif

2. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    Just an FYI there was WAY less than 200 made. Less than 50. I am not sure what the total was but there wasn't alot. I think they only did one run.

3. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    What is the profile of the neck, chunky or thin? What do the pickups sound like?

4. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    It is not a jazz neck, it is "P" width, but is very, very nice... not really chunky. it is quite similar to my stingray, for a point of reference. The classic Fender pick up is strong, full and big. I can include the original Lindy Fralin if you like.

5. Damn Terry - just go ahead and kill me!!

That's Hot!

6. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    on hold pending payment

7. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Thank Goodness! :)

I've been telling myself ... you don't do "P" necks ... ever since I first saw it.

That is a killer deal right there! :cool:
    Don't think I'll be seeing another anytime soon (then again ... this is TB and GAS makes us do silly things :smug:)

8. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    THIS ONE IS SOLD

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.