1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Original Kahler trem vs. reissue?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by southsounder, Mar 16, 2013.

1. southsounder

southsounder

Feb 13, 2012
    I've got an older Kahler tremolo I'm considering selling, but before I do I was wondering if there are any advantages/disadvantages to the original Kahler tremolo vs. the new 7410 version?

Do the original versions retain any of their "collectible" value now that the new ones have been out for a while?

Lastly, has anyone ever heard of a locking nut for bass? I've never seen another one. Not even sure how well it would work w/o fine tuners - maybe a better idea for a headless bridge? :)

Attached Files:

2. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    The 24xx series would be more similar to the originals vs. the 74xx series from a manufacturing standpoint. 24xx series are 100% Made in USA. The 74xx series are assembled in the US from foreign produced parts. I had been doing a ton the research on the 2415 for a custom build coming down the pipe, but in the end scrapped the idea due to cost benefit analysis. A tremolo would be cool, but it wasn't $400 cool to me.