1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Original series 70's ADA Flanger, Price Reduced

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Dirk Diggler, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    Price:
    $275
    This is a rare Original series 70's ADA Flanger, this one uses the Reticon SAD1024 chip. Don't let the looks fool you, it's right and correct on the inside, which is what counts. I got this back from repair in 2012 from David at ADA for a complete overhaul and reconditioning. It had a bad SAD1024 chip in it (basically the brains and main processor engine) and that was replaced with a NOS (New Old Stock) chip. It wasn't easy to find or cheap, they haven't been made in years. It sounds fantastic and warm, and it can go from subtle to extreme with the twist of a knob. It has been boxed up and stored in my studio since 2012.

Speaking of knobs, those are not the original knobs, but Dave replaced them with new ones. The other changes made to it, he replaced the original power supply jack, reversed the polarity and now it works with a modern 18v ADA replacement. I've included the original barrel if you want to use an old power supply. The original was huge and bulky. The top metallic sheet under the knobs was replaced with a reissue one. 1 Pot was replaced inside. During the weekend long burn in test one of the caps had issues, it was a cold solder joint that was resoldered. All 4 feet are replacements, and one of the old screws broke off and had to be drilled out. The cardboard box is reissue, and the manual is also a reissue, but they all are the same anyway. I will be including the broken/defective original SAD1024 chip.

David painstakingly spent way longer than he expected on it to make sure it was 100% working and correct. And it sounds like it for sure as you can see in the included video. This really is the best of both worlds now, classic original tone, with a brand new original chip and testing, it's like it just rolled off the bench in the 70's and should hopefully last another 40 years. Also note that the serial is on the board and written on the back, most others I've seen have a paper label on the back. It's serial number is 222964, and David agreed it's indeed a rare flanger. And since he (David Tarnowski) is the original creator of ADA, I would trust his word over much of the disinformation I've read on various forums about the flanger all others are judged by.

It's packed up in a USPS priority box that will cost $13.65 insured to the US. International shipping would obviously be more, including VAT/duties.

DSC_0023.
    DSC_0025.
    DSC_0031.
    DSC_0026.
    DSC_0020.

I'd be happy to include more pictures if needed, any questions let me know.
    Dirk

JimboP likes this.
  2. Frodolicious

Frodolicious Supporting Member

May 29, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    Now that is cool

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Best flanger ever!

4. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    Thanks 4Mal, I would agree.
    I know I'll regret letting it go, but I'm just so software FX based these days.
    Dirk