1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Original Solo Bass Piece - Preposterous Eyes.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Daniel Mcardle, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Daniel Mcardle

Daniel Mcardle

Jul 1, 2010
    I recorded myself playing a reasonably short solo piece I wrote a while ago and I thought I'd post the soundcloud link here to get some feedback from people who know a bit about playing bass.

It's called Preposterous Eyes, I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. Daniel Mcardle

Daniel Mcardle

Jul 1, 2010
    Is it not worthy of some negative feedback at least?

3. MonkeyBass

MonkeyBass

Mar 22, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Cool. I like it. I dig the 7/4 time signature. Well played.

If I had to nit pick my only critique would be that it gets a little repetitive on that last melody. Kinda feels like it needs a climax. Right now it just sort of ends without having an ending, if that makes sense.

4. Daniel Mcardle

Daniel Mcardle

Jul 1, 2010
    Thanks man, I consider it a work in progress but I understand your point.
    I plan to continue developing it some more in the near future, I'll be sure to keep your point in mind when I do so.

5. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I listened to most of it.
    It's a good base of a song IMO.

What i'd personally like to hear is you getting a looper, playing that, then playing a melody over top of it.

6. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    I like Mark's looper idea, some sort of simple rythm, will also help you not speed up. I like that its a patient piece of music and moves a deliberate pace

good start for a work in progress :)

God bless,
    Todd :)

7. gleventhal

gleventhal

Nov 30, 2011
    I think it is pretty nice! Now, mind you I listened out of laptop speakers so I may have missed some things, but I would like to hear more harmony happening, as if there were another part playing at the same time by adding lower or higher notes to create a second part.