Original Song with Two Handed Tapping + Full Video

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Lokire, Apr 13, 2005.

1. You are an amazing bassist. Truly of Justin Chancellor status. How long have you been playing? You are simply awesome (saw video). You showed me some awesome techniques I want to mimic.

How long did it take to write that?
  2. Thanks man. Glad you like it. :D

I've been playing nearly 6 years now. Only been tapping for maybe 8 months though.

Took me a few months (on and off work) to write it. I had most of the main parts written, it just took longer to arrange and figure out the little variations.
  3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
  4. steve_man

May 15, 2002
    I really like the use of chords you use.
    Especially from 3:30 - 3:55. And that high note pulloff sounded really cool (between 3:30 - 3:55).

How do you put together your chords?
  5. Nice :) I still have the ''old'' version you posted a few months ago , but this one is much better :bassist:

Rock on !
  6. bump

7. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    You mean lokire?

8. oops...yeah
  9. LOL Thanks buddy :D
  10. Thanks. That's my favorite part too.

I just mess around with stuff untill I find something I like. I've always liked weird, dissonant chords so I'll just put a bunch of notes together and see how they sound sometimes. I don't really know any chord theory.
  11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Hey that's pretty nice. It wanders a little for sections, and personally I'd truncate parts of it make it into a more cohesive song, but there are some nice ideas and some good playing(for the most part) But overall, not bad.
  12. steve_man

May 15, 2002
    You sound a lot like me. I don't know a whole lot of chord theory. Just my modes and have tried to play a bunch of different stuff. But I'll come up with a nice chord. Then I'll work around it.

I sometimes go a little over board and the song becomes a mess of of different chords. Other times the song may wander but I'm starting to learn to focus on what the song is all about. I find listening to what you've created helps your composition a lot.
  13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Very nice! Great job.:cool:
  14. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    very nice stuff man :)