original SVT reviews

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by silentstranger, Oct 18, 2002.

1. I was just reading some reviews of Ampeg's original SVT head on Harmony Central...

Three people say they got their SVTs for fifty bucks. What I really wanna know is WHERE'S MINE???!?! :eek:

Oh, and on a related note, what's a good price for an old beat up 8x10 SVT cab? A local store has one for $450. Looks like hell, but I'm still sorta tempted...
  2. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Dang, can you pick me up one too? I'll give ya an extra $20 for the trouble. :p
  3. Here's the way I see it: If it contains 8 "functional" speakers and the cab is "structurally sound" then it "should" be worth a bare minimum of $300. If it has all that and cosmetically looks good then perhaps double that and maybe more depending on my mood and the seller's attitude. But if a few speakers are shot and it looks like hell then much less, IMO. Lastly, I would apply none of this towards modern day cabs, just the good stuff.
  4. I picked up my SVT-II Pro for $700 and my SVT810E for like $600 from Shreve Audio down in Louisiana. Sometimes they have good deals here and there.

Scammed an SVT410HLF PRO for $500 last year @ GC....Sometimes these deals just drop from the sky...