1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

original SVT reviews

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by silentstranger, Oct 18, 2002.

1. I was just reading some reviews of Ampeg's original SVT head on Harmony Central...

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Ampeg/SVT_Original-01.html

Three people say they got their SVTs for fifty bucks. What I really wanna know is WHERE'S MINE???!?! :eek:

Oh, and on a related note, what's a good price for an old beat up 8x10 SVT cab? A local store has one for $450. Looks like hell, but I'm still sorta tempted...

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Dang, can you pick me up one too? I'll give ya an extra $20 for the trouble. :p

3. Here's the way I see it: If it contains 8 "functional" speakers and the cab is "structurally sound" then it "should" be worth a bare minimum of $300. If it has all that and cosmetically looks good then perhaps double that and maybe more depending on my mood and the seller's attitude. But if a few speakers are shot and it looks like hell then much less, IMO. Lastly, I would apply none of this towards modern day cabs, just the good stuff.

4. I picked up my SVT-II Pro for $700 and my SVT810E for like $600 from Shreve Audio down in Louisiana. Sometimes they have good deals here and there.

Scammed an SVT410HLF PRO for $500 last year @ GC....Sometimes these deals just drop from the sky...