1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

orion blue book value attitude standard 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barrybaker, Nov 5, 2006.

1. barrybaker

barrybaker

Mar 23, 2006
    :help: Someone damaged the paint/body of my attitude standard 5 last week, It was mint . I need to know whether to repaint it would really devalue it, because I plan on keeping it. I paid $600 for it 2 months ago. Does anyone know the book value? The offer was made to repair it, but I need to factor the depreciation, if any. Thanks for your help.

2. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Well, there is your answer. If you plan on using it for many years, you are going to get more wear and tear on it. It's just part of gigging. I take good care of my instruments, but even still, accidents happen, not to mention all the sweat from your hands. Metal tarnishes, paint chips, and wood gets dings in it. I wouldn't worry too much.

Edit----how bad was it damaged???

3. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Inactive

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao EspaƱa
    hmmm how am i sopoused to tell you this... $600 mass produced basses usualy have very little resale value if they were new when bought if it was used you can sell it for the same price or a little bit more. Repainting it in the same colour is not going to push its resale value any higher or lower.

4. Well, I'd repaint it with white and red stripes! :D

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Value of this particular bass aside,

You never increase the value on an instrument by refinishing it. In the collectability world it's all about original. Even with a BEAT finish, original 50's and 60's Fenders, etc. are worth more than refins.

Lots of shops capitalize upon this and refer to it as 'Mojo'. We have a well known vintage store in our area...I'll refer to it as 'Rumbleseat Music', because that's its name...and Rumbleseat's ad copy is filled with 'this is the one!!!!1! It's got TONS of MOJO!!!1!'

Yup, you guessed it, that means beat to hell. And big money.

6. barrybaker

barrybaker

Mar 23, 2006
    thanks people, I found out that I can refin by sending it to birmingham this weekend. bb valued it at $482.00 , so I overpaid ,anyway.