Orion Blue Book

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by iualum, Jun 8, 2004.

1. iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Is this the best publication for used instrument/amp prices? is this the ONLY publication? How good is it?

Obviously, what the market will bear is the true value of used stuff. And will many times need to make small adjustments for one thing or another.

Generally though, what opinions are out there on this or any other resources?

Thanks very much.

Moderators, didn't know where to put this. Hope this is O.K. If it needs to be moved, so be it.
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hmm. well, you probably will get more mileage out of this one in misc. i'll move it there. :)
  3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    We hardly ever use it. A lot of the prices in there will either be way too high or way too low. If it's an older piece, the Vintage Guitar Magazine Price Guide is the way to go, other wise, we do all our pricing based on the going rates online, where we can compare with other stores, and see what the market is actually doing at that time, not what it was doing at one point last year, as the Blue Book provides.
  4. I traded in a 66 Showman, they gave me $1000 for it! Hee hee. I tried selling the head for $700 and got no takers, so the store gives me $1000 for the head and $200 for the "matching" Bassman 2x12.

The best indicator of value really is Ebay. Value is what people are willing to pay.
  5. i couldn't have said it better myself!

not trying to veer to far off the bass topic, but the same thing happened to me with my football cards. The Beckett price guide (as many will know as the sports card price guide) listed my emmitt smith card as being $100, i started it on ebay for 75 bucks and no takers, but a guy did offer 40 dollars through email. needless to say i still have the card.