1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

orion.. how to play

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by boka, Feb 20, 2008.

1. boka

boka

Oct 28, 2006
  2. mvw356

mvw356

Mar 2, 2006
    Brussels
    i can't open the tab, but i'm assuming that you are talking about the sections where there are in fact two or more bass tracks. you're going to have to make a choice and pick one that's more important to the song, or you develop a third hand and play them together.

3. I'm not sure what part in Orion you are talking about. I don't remember there being two separate bass parts anywhere in the song.

4. I think trying to play the track labelled Cliff Burton (Bass) and then tapping the track "Lead Cliff 1" and ignore "lead cliff 2". You will need to learn to finger open strings with your fretting hand, and it seems like such a pain to do!

To be honest I can never hear these famed "bass solo's" on the MoP recording, even on good stereo's. To my ears it sounds more like the guitars thicken up.

Also, my "official" Metallica transcriptions books (notation and tab published by Cherry Inc.) have always been very accurate and the MoP book does not list a 2nd bass track for Orion.

The same author does list a second bass track on the intro to For Whom The Bell Tolls (Ride the Lighting book), so when it's required, it seems they do list extra recorded bass tracks. Just not for Orion ;)

Either way have fun playing it it's an awesome song.

5. MistaMarko

MistaMarko

Feb 3, 2006
    USA
    Here's a video of me playing Orion in it's entirety..solo/lead parts and all.

I used a simple power tab file, and I never saw two bass tracks.

6. It's important to mention that virtually all of the Guitar Pro tabs are submitted by users... Thus, they are interpretations of what users think they hear. You're far better getting an accurate book and transcribing it to GuitarPro.

I use GuitarPro a lot for teaching, but I wouldn't rely on it as a source.