Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Orlando Bass Stores

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ladros2, Sep 30, 2005.

1. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    My parents will be in orlando soon, and are willing to pick me up something bass related there. Anybody know what the Orlando GC is like and if there are any other stores worth checking out?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    As far as I'm concerned, GC in Orlando blows and Sam Ash is only slightly better. You want a bass store, tell them to go to Bass Central in Casselberry. From SR 436 in Casselberry, turn south on Oxford Rd and look for a little strip mall on the left. It's pretty easy to find. Don't know what you're looking for, but if it's bass-related, that's the most likely place you'll find it. Unless you just want a set of strings, then you will probably be better off going to Sam Ash (not GC).

3. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Bass Central is amazing. They have pretty much whatever you can think of. Not to mention some of the best customer service. As far as I'm concerned, they're one of the best bass retailers in the world.

4. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Bass Central is the bass mega store that started it all. They do tend to specialize in high end equipment. They do have a couple of Fenders and a few other middle of the road pieces of gear, but if your parents want to pick you up a Fodera or a Roscoe, that's the place to go. If you were going, you'd send your family to Disney, and you could just stay there all day.

Their string selection is usually very good too.

5. i live in orlando and bass central is the only place worth going IMO. you should check out there website, but just be aware that they do not update it as frequently as some would like.