OSU to play for National Championship!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jazzbo, Nov 23, 2002.

1. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    #2 ranked OSU defeated Michigan, (I just finished watching the game), and awaits (probably) Miami for the matchup in the Fiesta Bowl.

Go Buckeyes!
  2. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    (a transplanted Buckeye :) )

Goooooo nuts* !!!

* loooong time ago, I worked alongside some migrant farm folks from Kentucky.

The locals were givin' her crap about bein' a "hillbilly".

Her comeback?..."I'd rather be a hillbilly than a worthless nut" :p
  3. Rock on. Here's hoping Miami makes it through Syracuse and VT undefeated, I would love to see Miami-OSU. Almost as much as I'd love to see OSU-Iowa. :)

I don't dislike OSU at all.

I HATE MIAMI WITH A FERVENT PASSION (I'm a Florida State fan, enough said)

I am assuming Miami wins out.

But I think a Miami-OSU national title game, albeit good for the ratings, would be a blowout. Just my opinion. OSU isn't even close to having enough team speed to handle Miami on the perimeter and the open field. Not to mention Miami's OL will run over teams. Although running against the Buckeyes is a VERY tall task, their offense is downright anemic. Period. Against Miami's D, I see them putting up maybe 14 points at best. Krenzel is a below-average QB, Clarett is never healthy, and nothing else on the OSU offense scares me in the least. OSU should be able to run, but I guarantee Miami will improve their run defense by the time that game comes along. Plus, they can just play 8 or 9 in the box and force Krenzel and the WR's to beat them, which, trust me, I don't see them doing. Not against a secondary that athletic.

I say Miami 28-7 in a rout. Trust me, I hate Miami FAR MORE than you do, especially after this year. I would much rather see an Ohio State-Oklahoma national title game, which would ROCK. Trouble is, I just don't see Miami losing. They'll kill us (I'M FROM SYRACUSE) and kill VT (who lost Kevin Jones to injury and has the worst starting quarterback in the world).

It was funny when the mentioned Clarett for the Heisman when he isnt even close to the best RB in his own conference... Larry Johnson is the best player in the nation. Period. If he doesn't win the Heisman the voters are biased doofi. A few calls the other way and Penn State has 2 losses the whole year.

I feel OSU would lose to Iowa in a head-to-head game. Now that would would be a game to watch. Two opposite styles, two great teams. That would flat out be an AWESOME game. I still feel Iowa would win.

I still personally believe the two best teams in the nation are Miami and Oklahoma, despite OU's loss to Texas A&M. Just my opinion.
  5. Man, I see a thread that says OSU in the title, and I think, "Wow, somthing abotu my Beavs!!" Sorry, wrong answer. It should be the Beavers, dammit!!!:D

Rock on
  6. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Ha ha! They win it! I can't believe they won it!

I got called in to work, :(, so I missed the game.