1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OT - Chuck Berry RIP

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lexington125, Mar 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. lexington125

lexington125

Sep 11, 2013
    hollywood, baby......
    someday I will find 4 or 5 other guys who want to play the blues the way it was played before it became all about guitar heroics
    damn.....................

2. chris_b

chris_b

Jun 2, 2007
    Sad news.

3. There should be a sub-forum here where this thread isn't off-topic. Most of us love music and are musicians in the first place, not just bass-players...
    This guy has - beside everything else - invented the best dance move in the history of music. Applicable to bass, too...
    Chuck%20Berry%20Duckwalk%201980.jpg

Tbone76 and NigelD like this.
  4. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    My earliest influence. A true one of a kind that changed music forever. Hail, hail rock n roll!

Tbone76 likes this.
  5. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    There is, it's Miscellaneous (for all other music-related topics). And there's a Chuck thread there.:)

6. I totally get it and it's o.k., but "Miscellaneous" sounds a bit - well...

7. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    No argument there, it needs a better name.

8. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Agreed. How about "Musicians, other" or "Musicians who are not mainly bassists"?

@Thor, what do you think?

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021