OT: sketch...

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by bigbass, Apr 14, 2002.

1. just a heads up to the good folks that read this that are in the NYC area on 4/15. my band sketch will be playing at the knitting factory (www.knittingfactory.com) on the main stage on 4/15. the music has been compared to sonic youth, mogwai, trans am, minutemen and tortoise (to name a few) with lots of textural guitars, driving bass and drums. did i mention it's all instrumental? sorry for the self promotion but what the heck, if i don't promote it, how will you ever know about it? check out the sketch site if you feel so inclined... www.jemssoco.com/sketch/sketch.htm

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

But that doesn't explain why you have put this in a forum dedicated to asking questions of Mike Watt? :confused:
  3. to answer yr question i posted that because i am a member of this group, i am a member of watt's yahoo group, i'm a big fan of watt, and in the past i've asked watt if he's cool with me posting gig info for my band in his forums (ie: this and the sony music one) and he is totally cool with it because mike watt is the type of guy that doesn't mind helping out other bands. so if it's cool with watt can it be cool with you too now? gee thanks.
  4. odie

odie Supporting Member

Where is Mike anyway?
  5. mike started his spring tour yesterday. go over to www.hootpage.com to check out where he is and when he's headin' yr way!!!