Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OT -- XWIRE Service

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kurt M., May 21, 2005.

1. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Hi,

I know this is a bit off topic but I thought my post might get more response here. I'm sure many bass players use this wireless. Mine quit working and as everyone knows the company is out of business. So, anyone know where I can get mine serviced? I'd appreciate an email or a post thanks.

Kurt
    Bass4hire@aol.com

2. Is it the transmitter or the receiver that went haywire?

Try a search, I remember seeing something about them on Talkbass. Try Sennheiser, they bought the technology, they'd either fix it or may know someone who could.

Randy

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    This belongs in Misc.

Moved.

4. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    I did do a search before posting. I didn't find anything on service. I do realize Sennheiser bought the technology but didn't think of calling them for service. It's worth a try I suppose.

Thanks.

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Please keep us updated. There are several of us here with XWires, and even though I bought mine NOS just about a year ago, it would be nice to write this info in the instruction booklet.

6. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Yeah I'm coming up empty on this. Strange thing is last year I had the unit serviced at Needhams Electronics which was the company the manufactured it before selling off the technology. Although their number has changed their address is the same. When I called the operator told me the company was out of business. I knew that and explained to her that I had my unit serviced there last year. Unfortunately, according to her, they no longer service them.

Still need help...

7. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    Kurt, any idea what's wrong with it? Mine developed a faulty 1/4" jack on the transmitter. Tim at www.slemmons.com in Dallas, Tx. said he doesn't usually work on such things, but he put me back in business. Luckily it just needed to have the jack replaced, an easy fix I guess.

8. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Not sure what's wrong with it. It shows no signal like the transmitter isn't even transmitting. Red light lights on pack though. I did take it apart thinking the jack just like you said and looked for loose connections/solder joints. Nothing to be found. I have a degree in electronics so I'm familiar to some extent with what's inside. *maybe* if I had a known good unit and a schematic I could fix it but I don't see that happening. Talk on the town is that Xwire users are out of luck service wise. Still, though, I'm sure someone is familiar enough with the technology to fix it.

Still searching...