OT: Yorkville for my PA?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by g4string, Apr 8, 2003.

1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    I am in the market for some new PA speakers. I am willing to spend about $500 max. per speaker. How does Yorkville compare to JBL, Bagend, or the higher end Peavey stuff. BTW, I am looking at picking up a pair of 12" mains and a pair of 18 subs. Portability is an issue, but sound is the most important. Will run drums, bass, vocals, guitar, and keys through it. Thanks.
  2. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
  3. chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    I'm not familar with their subs, But I've had a pair of 12's for about 10-15 years. Granted, they were never really pushed hard, but that's what the subs are for! Only problem I had were the tweeters blew out about 6 years ago. I just replaced it with a horn. Actually got quite a few compliments on how clean they sounded. I would say the use would average out to every third weekend of use.
  4. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I did a fill-in gig with a band that owned their own Yorkville PA. I'm not sure of the model numbers or specs, but the were self powered. They had a 10+horn + a 15" sub on each side of the stage, so overall it wasn't a big system. But it sounded great, especially for it's size. Apparently the guys had previously been using an EV Mongoose on each side (2x15+horn) but the smaller yorkvilles sounded bigger.

The only other Yourkville Equip I've used is the power amps that run my girlfriends PA. They're also very good.