1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Oteil Bass vs. Q6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nate 0 jt, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Could someone please fill me in as to the differance in sound these 2 basses are? The only differances are that the Otiel bass has the semi-hollo body and the lane poor pickups and bartolin(?) electronics. Could someone compare the 2 in terms of sound for me? Thanks a lot, nate

PS I kno i missed a couple of letters, my double U key doesnt function correctly :)

2. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Well, for starters, the Oteil bass no longer comes with LPs, because they no longer exist. That sucks. I don't remember if you can get the active passive switch anymore either.

The differences in sound were fairly obvious to me. The O just sounded more "open". I mean "airier". The tone of O brings out the fundamental more than the Q imo. The O might be a little natural sounding if you know what I mean. It also sweetens the highs a little. You really can't go wrong with either. The O is also rather neck heavy, and moduli are generally neck heavy to begin with. Hope this helped a little.