1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Oteil Burbridge in Bass Musician Magazine

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by suchow, Jul 2, 2012.

1. suchow

suchow

Mar 18, 2002
    New York, NY
    Cool interview with Oteil in this month's Bass Musician Magazine (article written by Steve Gregory), for those who are interested.

It's online at http://www.BassMusicianMagazine.com

2. thanks for posting the link, very interesting read. Have been digging deeper into his playing lately, esp with the Tedeschi Trucks Band. Great stuff.

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...seeing him play in an early/mid-'80s beach Top-40 cover band was mindblowing & an education I won't forget.

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Have you heard the early ARU records? OB & Jeff Sipe...wow. Check out "Time Is Free" (from the live album).

5. no. still playing catch up to his work w/ABB, thanks for the tip, this guy is my new bass hero :cool:

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    OK...how about "Instrumental Illness" from Hittin' the Note (+ the live version on One Way Out)?

7. have probably heard that one, I sub in for an ABB tribute band so the guys are throwing the newer (as in post-Berry/Lamar) material at me and it's like trying to drink from a fire hydrant ;) Sure like what I'm hearing, though, Derek and Warren are amazing together.

8. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2005
    Wow! Finally got around to reading this interview a week later. A great read, lots of insight into Oteil and some deep stuff in general to ponder. Highly recommended.

:bassist: