Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Other 5-String Basses with .750 String Radius

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mud Flaps, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    What are some other basses with .750 string spacing (at the bridge) other than the Lakland 55-02 or 55-94. I'm going to buy a Lakland 55-02 over the summer, and I want to try out some other 5-String Basses with the same string spacing before I buy. I'm also posting this because it is cold outside, and I want to fool myself just for a minute that it is summer. Now I think about summer all the time cause I want that new Lak so bad!

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    doesn't Fender do the fivers in 3/4"?

my warwick corvette came with two necks and two bridges - the five string neck/bridge have spacing of greater than 3/4" - man, you can slap like a pimp with that spacing!

:D

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Most Pedullas offer 19mm bridge spacing as an option.

Zon offers the 519 and Sonus Studio 5.

Yamaha TRB, RBX and BB series fives have 19mm spacing.

Fender Roscoe Beck has 19mm spacing.

Modulus offers 20mm spacing as an option on the Quantum V.

Alembic offers 20mm spacing on most of their models.

Peavey USA Millennium has 19mm spacing.

Ibanez BTB has 19mm spacing.

Warwick offers the broadneck option(20mm) in all of their bolt ons and the Streamer Stage I is a neck through with 20mm spacing.

And many more.

All of these are available used, near the same price range(or less) as a 55-02, except for the Sonus Studio.

4. T. Brookins

T. Brookins Supporting Member

MTD American
    MTD Grendel
    MTD Saratoga, Kingston, Heir, Beast, etc.:bassist:

5. F Basses also have a 3/4" bridge string spacing, which I really love. With the flat wide neck, it is soooooo comfortable. Check one out.

6. other than the ones mentioned: sadowsky and mike lull offer 3/4" string spacing on their 5ers.

7. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I'm not looking to order a different bass with 19 mm string spacing. I want to know what other 5'ers have the same spacing so I can go to the Guitar Center or wherever to try out a bass with the same string spacing. So, I guess what I really want to know is, what popular brands of basses have this string spacing? The Guitar Center by me has a lot of Warwicks. Thanks for all your help.

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Music Man and G&L fivers do not have 19mm spacing... they are narrower.

As mentioned, some Warwick fivers have 20mm spacing, but most are around 17mm. Check www.warwickbass.com for specs on various models.

I believe all the American made Fender fivers have 19mm spacing (bless 'em!)