1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Other clear tapewound strings...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Shakin-Slim, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    These new D'Addario 'white' tapes reminded me of an experience when I was 16 or so. My girlfriends dad was borrowing a bass from his church, I think he wanted to play in their band or something. I don't think he had ever done anything except a little singing before. I was showing him a thing or two, just what some of the different notes were etc. Anyway, the bass had these strings which were obviously a regular string inside, but they had a clear, thick coating on them, like they were inside a plastic tube. I can't remember clearly, but I don't think there were any visible wrappings. Do these ring any bells for anyone? It was the first time I had encountered anything besides regular rounds, this was about 5 years ago.

2. Bakkster_Man

Bakkster_Man

Jan 15, 2006
  3. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    I don't think so. They clearly had a regular roundwound string inside. They looked like clear tapewounds, but I hadn't heard of those since then, until the new D'Addario 'whites'. They may have had visible wrappings, but I can't remember.

4. Just to clarify, the new White Tapewounds are from La Bella, not D'Addario. Best of luck on your quest for the elusive white tapes!

5. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    Mah bad. Cheers :)