Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Other Collections

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassturtle, May 25, 2005.

1. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Over the past couple of years I've started collecting old radios, reel to reels, microphones, and most recently some old American F-hole guitars (Silvertone, Harmony, Airline, etc).

What non-bass related collections do you have?

2. I used to collect comic books. I sold many of them off in high school, but there is still a box with a few in my garage. I'm a geek, I know.

Mike

3. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    You're not a geek...well not for that anyway ;) Nothing wrong with Comic Books. In fact, I wish I still had the few that I used to buy as a kid.

4. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I used to collect my belly button lint... no really..

anyway...

In college, I had a pretty mean bottle collection.. pretty mean in that I didn't wash most of them between empty and display.. so most of them had nicely developing ecosystems internally...

5. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Microphones here. :)

Oh yeah, I collect bills too. I put them in a big pile, till there's enough of 'em. :D

6. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Cool! Me too! I'll try to snap some shots of mine in the next couple of days. I've sold off most of my cooler more expensive ones, but I have probably 20 or more left.

Geeez I see we have very similar tastes in our collections!

7. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Bottles are cool. Was there a particular type that you collected?

8. I used to collect baseball cards. I have a huge collection that I built up during grade school and junior high. I kind of fell away from buying them during high school. A vehicle was far more important then. My collection is in a box somewhere in my parents' house. It's probably worth quite a bit now.

9. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

insulators, the ones used by electric compnies, telephone companies and Railroads.
    And bills, I collect a lot of them!

Wesley R.

10. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Insulators? What do they look like?

11. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i collect pilsner glasses from Hard Rock Cafes around the world.

everything else in my house collects dust.

12. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Effect pedals. I got about 11 that I use on a regular basis.

I really like collecting book series'. I have all of the Dune books, the Sword of Truth books, and a bunch of other major fantasy/sci fi series'.

I'll out-geek anyone one the boards when it comes to the Dune series. :D

13. Seems like you and Embellisher could have a nice conversation. IIRC, he's really into Dune as well.

14. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    I collect old coin-operated video arcade games (centipede, pac-man, asteroids, etc.) and pinballs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004

Wow.

16. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I believe he say he liked them in the "What are you Reading thread." And I believe both of us suggested the newest trilogy to Bennie Strange when he asked about them.

Small world.

17. i used to collect football cards and GI Joe trading cards...actually i have a pretty extensive GI Joe action figure collection...i even have the rolling thunder vehicle!

18. I don't, but I grow my hair... does that count?

wait I collected all the smartie boxes I ate in a year (I used to obsesse over them... over 1000, I will get a pic sometime)

19. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    One of everything.