Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Other peoples' money...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by miko, Jan 2, 2004.

1. oh, gaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd...

so i do my boss's personal and business bookkeeping at my new job, and i can't help but be completely blown away by the figures.

every month, on the 1st of the month, he gets $250,000 wired into his personal account, for something called 'consulting fees.'

he does no consulting to speak of, but the dough is part of an arrangement he worked out with his former company, when the business was sold. he gets this income every month for the next five years.

could you imagine that? i mean, i know money isn't everything, but that kinda money's got to make life fun!

i could have a new condo [well, co-op] and money to spare with just one month of that.

amazing.

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Miko I'm an Accountant by trade and I get to see exactly who earns what. I general it doesn't matter how much you earn, you're always broke but on a bigger scale.........

3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I'm sure he'd be thrilled to know that you made a thread about his finances on a public forum...

Hmmmm sounds very suspicious indeed - dig just a little deeper and find something you can use to blackmail the dirty SOB, that's what I'd do!

4. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    My thoughts exactly Matt.

Rich people want everybody to know they're rich, but they want to be able to keep everybody guessing as to HOW rich.

5. Lets just hope that hes not a bass player, and that he doesnt call you 'miko' in the office.

6. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I was thinking "I really hope you didn't post that from work..."

7. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Very true. It's funny, when you are younger you think that certain people have a lot of money. When you become older you realize they really didn't earn that much money; they were just in debt.

8. Then he can do YOUR bookwork.:D