Other sources for tubes/information

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davidoc, Apr 26, 2003.

1. I have an Ampeg SVP-pro preamp, and was looking to kill some noise so I can record with it by replacing the tubes. I tried emailing Lord Valve, but it's been a week and he hasn't responded yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to find the information I seek as to what tubes to replace mine with, and where to purchase them? Thanks!
  2. Bonjour, je m'appelle David. Ca va?
  3. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    All you have to do is go to the Ampeg site, and it tells you right there. For this kind of question, it's always best to check with the manufacturer first. They ought to know, right?

According to www.ampeg.com, you have 4 12AX7s (or equivalently, ECC83 or 7025) and one 12AU7. There are a zillion places where you can buy those. Here are two:

4. Lol, thanks for the advice, but something more specific would be cool. Thanks. I know there's people out there with experience with preamp tubes.
  5. i think hes asking for a certain brand of tube. am i correct?
  6. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    This site tests various brands of tubes. See what you think.

Personally, I like JJ ECC83S in both my guitar amps and my Eden WT400.
  7. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Lord Valve is a one man operation and he stays pretty busy. You may just have to be a little more patient or call him if you want a faster reply. I don't have that problem. I just drive 15 minutes to his place, get my tubes, and I'm out the door. :D