Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ottawa area teacher

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Andrew Noury, Mar 18, 2002.

1. I am looking for someone to study double bass with in the Ottawa area. I've noticed a couple of people from the area posting here and would appreciate any leads, names or whatever that anyone can provide.

I have played guitar and electric bass for some time but only touched a double bass for about an hour in high school so many years ago.

Thanks.

2. Andrew there is a great bassist in Ottawa named John Geggie. He plays/played with the NAC orchestra and is also a well repected jazz player. From what I have benn told he is also a helluva nice guy.I don't have his number but you could check with the union. I'll ask a drummer friend of mine here who plays with him for his number if you are interested.

3. Thanks for the kind offer Bass Boy. I'll check with the NAC/Union but if you find Mr. Geggie's contact info. please pass it on.

Thanks again!

4. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Hey Sofo,

I, too, have contacted John Geggie (thanks Bass Boy). You can find out more about what he does, as well as his email address, at http://www3.sympatico.ca/johnd.geggie/home.htm

He told me he was quite busy until May, but he would probably be able to take on new students then. And, yes, he did seem like a helluva nice guy!

5. Whoops... I did get in contact with him a couple of weeks ago and forgot to update this thread.

Thanks fellas. :)