Ottawa area teacher

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Andrew Noury, Mar 18, 2002.

1. I am looking for someone to study double bass with in the Ottawa area. I've noticed a couple of people from the area posting here and would appreciate any leads, names or whatever that anyone can provide.

I have played guitar and electric bass for some time but only touched a double bass for about an hour in high school so many years ago.

2. Andrew there is a great bassist in Ottawa named John Geggie. He plays/played with the NAC orchestra and is also a well repected jazz player. From what I have benn told he is also a helluva nice guy.I don't have his number but you could check with the union. I'll ask a drummer friend of mine here who plays with him for his number if you are interested.
  3. Thanks for the kind offer Bass Boy. I'll check with the NAC/Union but if you find Mr. Geggie's contact info. please pass it on.

Thanks again!
  4. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Hey Sofo,

I, too, have contacted John Geggie (thanks Bass Boy). You can find out more about what he does, as well as his email address, at

He told me he was quite busy until May, but he would probably be able to take on new students then. And, yes, he did seem like a helluva nice guy!
  5. Whoops... I did get in contact with him a couple of weeks ago and forgot to update this thread.

Thanks fellas. :)