Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ottawa, Ontario

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bmc, Jul 25, 2005.

1. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Greetings to all the valley lads. I'm coming to Ottawa for holidays and will be hitting the usual music store haunts. I'm looking for lighting equipment and don't know of any stores in Ottawa. Looking to buy 1-2 stands to support 4 PAR 38's each. Any suggested stores?

thanks

2. Hello! I think either Long & McQuade or perhaps Steve's could help you out.

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I've been there. I dug it!

4. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I've checked both websites and they don't carry anything. I'll call them when I get in. Thanks.

5. I seem to remember Long & McQuade's carrying that kind of stuff. Then again maybe it was only for rental. :/ In any case, I hope you enjoy your stay in Ottawa. If you're into Irish pubs be sure to check out the Heart and Crown. On weekends there's usually a small band there. But the place gets packed.

6. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    BMC, you might want to check out Ginn Photo on Bank St. (613) 567-4686. I've never been there but a woman I used to work with said it was the only decent photo store in Ottawa. They should have Avenger/Manfrotto stands.

7. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Thanks guys. Will check it out. L&M is across the street from my brother.