Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Otto Ernst Fischer bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by bootsaco, Sep 16, 2001.

1. bootsaco

bootsaco

Sep 8, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Has anyone tried or heard any feedback from anyone who has tried one of these fischer basses in the latest Shar catalog. in writing it sounds excellent, and shar's definitely got a good reputation, so, my curiosity has been peaked. if you haven't seen or heard about it, go to: www.sharmusic.com and check it out.
    thanks,
    andy

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I could be completely mistaken - always a possibility - but the picture they are showing looks more like a Cello than a bass. At any rate, the ad copy claims the instrument features "Solid brass plate machine heads", when in fact the instrument pictured seems to be sporting Cello style ebony peg tuners.

Strike one.

Anybody looking at a different picture than I am?

3. DURRL, you may have clicked on the cello combination package by mistake. Check out this link- http://www.sharmusic.net/home.htm
    then click on the online store and THEN click on fischer Basses. You should see something different.

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

REEDO BANDITO,

You are correct about the picture - that's a different one than I was looking at. Clearly, that's a bass. But try this: Click on "online store", then, "Instruments", then select, "Bass, 3/4". This leads you to the same description as the link you posted, but with a picture of a Cello.

DURRL

5. Ah, yes..I see it now, Sherlock. I suspect that since the Fischer bass icon says, "New", it means that some negligent webmaster did not update the other link, thus leading the unsuspecting visitor down a false path. Mystery solved?:)