Ouch. Cut another finger!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, this just sucks. I was trying to open a package to a gameshark for my nintendo 64, and cut my finger. It's that hard plastic crap that is hard to cut. And I was using a non folding pocket knife on it that had just been sharpened. I cut down the length of my left index finger on the end, and cut a corner of the nail. Just got the end. The knife folded down on my finger while I was pushing on it, and really cut deep. Bled like crazy. And I have to play bass in church tomorrow(well, today if you wanna be technical). Had it wrapped at the hospital, got a tetanus shot and everything. This just sucks.
  2. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    That's what you get for being a cheater.
  3. I feel ya. I had a staph infection under my left ring fingernail, on monday I split the tip and pad and right into my middle nail with a saw, and at work last night I stuck a knife into my index finger.

I have two fingers left on my left hand.
  4. That hurts!!! I feel for you. I make my money as a chef (god knows no one would pay for my bass playing :D )and my hands are always getting messed up. Not so much buy knives, but stupid stuff like sharp pan edges, sharp can edges, the "ripsaw" cutting blade on the edge of comercial rolls of plasic wrap and foil. The worst was when one of my cooks put a saute pan in the HOT oven and pulled it out without warning and I grabed the handle. Well no bass playing for like a week. :(

Heal fast!!!
  5. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    When I first clicked on this thread, I first looked at the date of the first post... I thought it would be like 4 years old.
  6. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

7. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    If I can find the cable for my digital camera, I can post some pics. You'll really be careful with blades after you see this thing...

8. These posts will never end... ill probably post another one too someday :D
  9. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  10. oddly that was what I was going to say
  11. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    haha. I generally only fiddle with it when I have already beaten a game. But still, I guess you are right.
  12. Been there many times myself. Had to play [at church] with three out of four fingers. Not TOO bad unless it is the middle finger, them I'm afraid of what it looks like to people in the congregation with my middle finger sticking straight up.

Bass players really need to be extra careful when messing with sharp objects. You know the old phrase, "measure twice, cut once", well with bass players, think twice, . . . then have a friend cut. :D
  13. Pppffff. Wuss. Take it like a man.:D

I was a Boy Scout for 12 years. I've got little white scars all over my fingers and hands. They bleed, I get another couple of stitches. I think I'm up over 500 total.

Rock on
  14. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Cut another finger...I see a pattern here. Stay away from sharp objects, or you would make a fine psychiatrist, no sharps for them either.

15. Hmm I was thinkin of gettin one for my nephew too for Christmas
    Perhaps I should take note of not to open the package :D
  16. JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    i cut my right index finger a month or so ago. i was opening a beer with a bottle opener, just holding it with my legs. i tried to pop the top off real fast and the whole top of the bottle broke. it bled a lot cause id been drinking and i had to pick little shards of glass out of the cut. it was stupid.