Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ouch my fingers!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Aug 5, 2004.

1. well i kust got back from my two week vacation and i didnt bring my bass so basically when i got back we practiced right away (with my band) for about 3 hours and i guess my fingers lost there callesous so after i got done playing there were two huge blood blisters teh bigest onye was on my midlle finger and the smaller one was on the index fibinger so once i got home i poped them witha neddle the plood came out and i drained them then it really hurt. i seriusly could not play my bass, no its the next morning and they still hurt and i have a gig tonight, i can barley type i have to type with my finger nails this sucks, should i just use a pick tonigh????

2. well, if you find yourself becoming addicted to pain you can get up and say "WE DON' NEED NO STINKIN PICKS!!"

3. Unless you can play through the pain (which I do not recommend) you're going to have to use a pick, or play on the three remaining fingers (thumb, ring, pinky).

4. screw that

have you ever lost the top layer of you skin and then you touch that bottom layer which is very very very sensitive, thats what it feels like exept aboutr 4 times as much. i can barley hold the damn pick

5. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Dude,

Go to CVS, RiteAid, where ever... Your fav drug store. Buy some of those elastic, ace bandage-like, adheasvie bandages...

They SHOULD make it tolerable.

6. ba$$88

ba$$88 Guest

Jun 13, 2004
    i just got a blood blister on the side of my thumb! What should I do???

As for the origianl question. I would try new skin if its a small blister. you can buy it at any market. its 98% alchohol but is basically a liquid bandage.

7. sounds like you need some cheese with that whine... :eek: just kidding man. get all nice and bloody chicks dig when you look "tough".....! i can see it now "i play so hard, until my fingers bleed! I'm HARDCORE!" and then go home and cry it off like i do.. :p

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Super glue on finger tips. Let dry.

9. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    Use a liquid bandage or super glue. I just got my double bass and it makes my bass guitar seem like its nothing at all to play.

10. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    +1 to liquid bandages. New-Skin, particularly. It'll still be tender, but it should at least allow some moderate fingerstyle playing without it being excruciatingly painful.

11. yea put any pressure on the finger makes it hurt, super glue is good for preventing blister it acts as a extra layer of skin i already got the blister and already popped them. mybe i can num them

12. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Vitamin E oil and a pumice stone. It'll take a while, but it really works.

13. ... Looks like whatever you did also affected your spelling :rolleyes:

14. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    how the hell do you guys get blood blisters from bass guitar? DB, i understand, but it's never happened to me from BG

15. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    [Klingon]You are weak and bring dishonor to your family! Quaplah![/Klingon]

But really.. I might be a mutant, but my fingers are still as soft as pillows.. No calluses to be seen.. I've never had a blister, ever, or even recieved any pain from playing bass for an extended period of time.. I went on vacation for a few weeks, and only played bass a total of three times (for about 10 minutes each time) when we walked by an El Salvadorian guitar shop (a rarity).

16. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

"Originally Posted by fenderbluesdude
    well i kust got back from my two week vacation and i didnt bring my bass so basically when i got back we practiced right away (with my band) for about 3 hours and i guess my fingers lost there callesous so after i got done playing there were two huge blood blisters teh bigest onye was on my midlle finger and the smaller one was on the index fibinger so once i got home i poped them witha neddle the plood came out and i drained them then it really hurt. i seriusly could not play my bass, no its the next morning and they still hurt and i have a gig tonight, i can barley type i have to type with my finger nails this sucks, should i just use a pick tonigh????"

but anyways, i dont pop my blood blisters. i just let them dry up, and then they dont hurt anymore. and then like 2 weeks later, a layer of skin will peel off and your finger will re-generate itself.

17. ... omg.. i noticed that, i was jus' playing. Don't have to take things so seriousely... man... people