Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Petary791, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    On the GuitarGeek forums:

My response:
  2. Ouch! That's harsh.

I say put a bass in that guy's hands and say "oh yeah?" And then watch him flail around.

I play guitar too, but bass is so much more challenging in many respects, IMO.
  3. DblG

Apr 27, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I wonder what that guitar player would think when his/her bassist stops playing during their favorite great guitar solo, and it's all thin like tin?
    Oh wait...that won't work: they don't listen to anybody but themselves anyways! :bag:

4. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN

what a dork.
    we should track him down and inform his bassist of that comment...lessee how long that geet lasts with a bass rammed up his gerbilcage.
  5. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Haha, I don't want any death threats on this guy, I just thought i'd share the ignorance... or arrogance... (they go hand in hand*.)

*What song is that from?!?!?!

Anyways, I would like to see him play a 6 string bass, let alone a 4 string (i'm not mocking your 4 stringers, but I mean, his guitar has 6 strings, i'm sure he can play a 6 string bass! :p)
  6. In most bands I play keyboards, so I get to see what goes on with the bassist. In one group there was a really good bassist, but he was unappreciated. So he didn't show up two times, and that really got people to appreciate having a bassist. ;)
  7. WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Ignorance and prejudice and fear go hand in hand
    Witch Hunt, Rush's Moving Pictures album.

Can I threaten him with death anyway? I like watching people who don't know I wouldn't hurt a fly quail in fear :D
  8. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    please don't misunderstand. i wasn't giving a death threat; just offering a different kind of sex toy...

ps...it would be a conk GT-7, so it would 'love him long time'.
  9. Isn´t that "holier than thou" by Metallia??
  10. Ben Vail

Ben Vail

Jul 29, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Well get ahold of his bass player, tell him/her about it - and tell the bass player to change the key down a half step during a guitar solo... and if the guitar player catches onto it, keep changing the key. Oh, or just have the bass player ride the tritone for a whole solo... that usually will piss off a guitar player.

Maybe he will appreciate what a bass player 'thinks'
  11. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Or, just stop entirely under his solo. In the past, I've generally been the band "leader". If I knew people wern't paying attention to me, or just doing something wrong, I just stop playing. They almost always noticed right away that something was missing. Especially since when I would stop, I'd get the drummer to as well. Then be like "Oh, we didn't think you needed a rythm section, since you're acting like an [insert whatever here]". Works like a charm!

12. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    This is true.

And that would be a good idea about tuning down!
  13. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA

stupid ego trips...

Actually, the ironic part is he simply made himself look like an ass...
  14. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    lol, if someone says that to you, you should go over to his amp during a show, and "accidentally" unplug him during a solo, then play something awesome while he's trying to figure out what happened. If he get's pissed after a show, you should then say "I'm a bass player, I'm too stupid to know what I did"

That'd piss him/her off real bad.

I'd also wither quit the band, or fire him.

I hate flashy guitar players, too many of them out there.

15. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Makes me happy the people I play with respect bass (heck, I'm teaching my friend to play it...kinda).

Oh well, when they realize that bassists are needed...thats probably when they realize hte good ones are taken.