Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

our 2nd gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by steve-o, Jan 15, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    well the gig went well actually! everyone loved us!!
    even tho'. the crowd was wrong. there was two hardcore punk bands playing after us.
    well first of we don't have a pa yet. are next gigs are covered and we have found one and we almost have enough money for it. but anyways. are guitarist just wanted to ask the band that was going to play there if we could use theres. thank god we didn't go with that!!
    we borrowed a pa head. but had no cabs.(another story in it self.)
    so i used my 410 cab for the pa. and used my friends cab and head(my head is in the shop) for my bass.
    wasn't the best but it worked. well the band touring from nj showed up just as we were finishing. they were supposed to play third, but the other band wasn't there yet. damn. o'well they are going to play anyways, but what. they don't have a pa either. or mics!! what the? well they have two singers and we only have one mic. so rigged up both of the 410's for the pa for them. only 150 watts. not very loud at all. you could barley hear them. well the third band showed up. they didn't have anything either. but we weren't there at the time we had left to get something to eat and came back. and they were just starting. so he sang with out anything. couldn't hear anything either.
    but other than that there were all right.
    the night went great for us. nothing but compliments.

my strap fell of twice. i decided to us my new bass, but it doesn't have straplocks yet. so i placed it upside down on my back and played. should i stay or should i go. and this ain't havanna by the ramones. everyone thought that was great.

our next show is friday. the next sat. and then again the next sat. then we are taking a break to record.

thanks for reading even tho' this really didn't have any meaning.

but the band learned something that night!! always be prepared!! we do not want to end up like the other bands!!!!

steve

the other bands were the suvivors (nj) and the protaginist from fl.