Our Band Could Be Your Life

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by BadSongNinja, Nov 30, 2001.

1. BadSongNinja

Apr 9, 2001
    just finished reading the book of the above title (nice tribute to the 'men) by michael azerrad and it was an excellent read...just wanted to thank you watt for putting your ink in it

kinda nostalgic for me but the youngers should check it out as it is an interesting tale of the paths of many great bands that i followed through my youth and continue to shape music today

watt you are a real person was always willing to talk to a noone like me and continue to play music for the people

from those of us who have been lucky enough to see you jam throughout the years-thanks for keepin' on! for those of you who havent seen this man play-go to his website and get your rear to a gig!
  2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

mister ninja,

thank you much for the kind words. if I hope to accomplish anything in this life, I would hope it might be that I could help folks w/confidence in finding their own ways in being creative w/expression - somehow all of us adding to make a rich and interesting stew of the culture.

I once heard "the only thing new is you, finding out about it" - trippy words to think about.

on bass, watt