1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Our band's farewell...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ptg, Jan 28, 2017.

1. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    I'll truncate this as much as possible... Soundcloud clips below if you prefer...

Bunch of old guys still playing originals...BL writes the songs and we all write our own parts (I am a writer as well but joined these folks because I love the music and they are all really nice people!)

To memorialize the music before we disband we are recording live in his house and he is filling in the vocals later (with some effects like fade outs, etc.)

This being the case there are mistakes here and there but a whole lot of fun is in there too.

I will post more as they come if anyone is interested.

This one is called "Stand Taller Than All."

Hope you enjoy it...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    MCF, Londo Molari and delta7fred like this.
  2. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Kind of disappointed that the thread got 64 views but only 4 people listened to the song (one was me to make sure the song played) with no feedback...

Anyway, here is another one. This is (as most of these songs are) part of a 20 minute piece that we made a stand-alone song.

It's called Acceptance.

Attached Files:

3. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    What Seems Insane

Attached Files:

4. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Wasn't crazy about having to download them before listening on my phone, but i sucked it up & did it anyway :).

What genre do you guys consider that? Do you play out, or just for personal satisfaction? The snippets of each i listened to made me think of some King Crimson and some Frank Zappa, musically.

It's probably not something I'd buy unless you blew me away from the stage first (on the same bill as another band i intended to see that night), but it seems like it was a good opportunity for you to spread your musical wings while it lasted.

Definitely get it recorded for posterity :thumbsup:

5. delta7fred

delta7fred

Jul 3, 2007
    England
    I really like the first song "Stand Taller Than All", proggy goodness!

ptg likes this.
  6. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    I don't feel comfortable downloading files. I prefer to click on a soundcloud link just to play it.

7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yeah it's the downloading throwing most off....myself included.

Imaginary Pony and Bodeanly like this.
  8. Bodeanly

Bodeanly Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    Get yourself a soundcloud-ma-jig.

9. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Well, we never know what to call it...It definitely has some prog influences but the fact that it doesn't sit well in any one genre is part of the problem.

We've played a bunch of gigs and received good feedback but there are so few places to let us play originals, we are losing our steam.

Thanks for listening!

catcauphonic likes this.
  10. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Thanks very much! This actually is probably one of the band's favorite songs. It's very fun to play!

delta7fred likes this.
  11. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    I will work on this! Thank you!

Imaginary Pony likes this.
  12. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    That is extremely un-genre-able music right there. I kinda like it!

ptg likes this.
  13. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Lol! Ungenreable it is! Well said!

And I am glad you enjoyed it!

14. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    It gave me a vibe that was reminiscent of how I felt looking at Marillion posters when I worked in a record store back in the day.

[Note: I have no idea what Marillion sounds like.]

ptg likes this.
  15. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Interesting that you linked the music to a visual! Very cool!

I think they opened up for a concert I went to a long time ago. I don't remember which show it was (maybe Rush in NYC?) but I do remember liking them and then, for some reason, never investigating them. No internet then...I will have to check them out.

16. Londo Molari

Londo Molari

Jan 1, 2014
    2 blocks east of Mars
    Decendant from the Clovis culture. "Emitting that wonderful bass effect since 1970".
    By all means, get a Soundcloud acct.
    The tracks are cool, I think that the neo-prog crowd would enjoy them too.

ptg likes this.
  17. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Thanks very much! Glad you liked them!

The BL has a Soundcloud account and I am getting him to post them as soon as possible. (Otherwise I will open up a separate one.)

18. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Finally getting the hang of this thing...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Badwater likes this.
  19. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Badwater likes this.
  20. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008

Badwater likes this.