Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

our battle of the bands went great!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by juanpauribe, Apr 23, 2002.

1. juanpauribe

juanpauribe

Dec 16, 2001
    Colombia
    it was the best. There were 14 bands and some of them were amazingly good. we have been a band for like 6 months and the 2 original songs we presented are our first songs we have ever made. the prize for the 1 and 2 place was to recors 2 songs and have 8 hours of studio to rehearse. the 3, 4, 5 and 6 places have 1 song recorded.

i saw this bassist that left me amazed. he had devil speed, tapped like a maniac and it sounded beautiful and used tons of cool efects at the right time and the right place. They were the winners but
    guess what!!! we came in 3 place!!!! i couldnt believe it because the other bands kicked our asses in musical ability but we had creativity and that was what judges judged. we felt so good and people i didnt know congratulated me and even a hot girl wanted to meet me!!!! apparently she liked how i performed and all but im not going to tell you about that .but hey, im liking more and more this rockstar thing!!!!

2. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
  3. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Bitchin, dude!

Way to go!

4. too bad the battle of the bands out here is a friggin popularity contest. especially when you steal the crowd away from them and still don't place...

5. yea good job man
    i dont think over here we have botb (uk)
    well i've never been in/seen one

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    ya just last night there was a battle of the bands at Lake mary high school.
    well everyone sucked!
    there was one band that was good but they didn't get into it so the crowd didn't either so they sucked.
    well the band that i am in now. is the guitarist and the drummer from one of the bands that played.
    they used the drummer that the band had used for awhile, just a differnt guitarist, and man did they blow. there guitarist got mad and didn't even wan't to play.

the reason the best guitarist in the school isn't in the band with them is because he couldn't make one gig! and the gig wasn't that good anyway.
    so they were mad at him and told him that they should kick him out, and that he is easily replaced!
    so he quite. and there guitarist now sucks.
    how stupid can people get over gigs!!

sorry for rambaling for so long

steve