Our Branstetter Surgey Success

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Paul Warburton, Feb 23, 2004.

1. After a few days in the hospital, one of our most popular bassists/luthiers/conservatives is home and running his wife Marcia ragged with his needs.
    The knee replacement was a total success and of course now Bob is left with intense pain and an intense physical therapy program. The problem with this operation as Marcia explained to me, is that all the scar tissue left from the operation, must be stretched with excercise so the tightness from that tissue doesn't leave Bob with a limp or worse.
    He's also having a problem with the pain medications as far as finding one that gives him some relief, but doesn't mess up his tum-tum.
    Anyway, he's home and on the mend and i'm sure we'll hear from him soon! :crying:
  2. Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    Thanks Paul. Bob, if you get around to reading the board, you're in our thoughts and prayers. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!! The board is a little less Midwestern and Conservative without you.

3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA

Dittos. To Paul for the report and to Mr. Branstetter on the wish of a speedy recovery.

I'll do what I can in his absence. Only problem is, I know nothing about luthiery, and I am not really a Midwesterner, but rather a displaced Hill Billy.

Although, conservative I can do. It comes naturally.

All kidding aside, I do wish the best for Bob.
  4. Thanks everyone for all of the kind messages both on and off the forum. It's probably going to be a few weeks before I will be back on the forum as an active participant, but believe me I miss all you guys and gals.
  5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I'll third that sentiment. Bob, if I may be so bold, I'd like to recommend a liberal dose of bed rest and good books during the early stages of your recovery.

You heard right - I did say "Liberal". :D
  6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Spoken like a true "Moderate-or"...

Get well, Bob.
  7. FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    We all wish you a speedy recovery. Your doctor probably knows as much about knees as you do about basses, so do what they tell you . . .

Good Luck . . .
  8. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    did the docs do any AO/BO matching with your knee?

good to hear it went okay. hope yer smiling...
  9. Get well soon. Enjoy the "I dont care anymore" medicine while you can...before you know it you will be :hyper: again...
  10. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Good luck and good medicine with that knee, Bob. I helped my Grandad through 2 knee replacements and the therapy is tough. Hope you get up and around again soon.