Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Our first demo

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by maxoges, Apr 15, 2004.

1. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
  2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Sound is pretty good in the first clip, but the lyrics kill it. I think the song would benefit from some lyrics that are better than "I am not one of them" repeated fifty times. My opinion here, it is your song play/sing it how you want.

The second clip's vocals are to low in my opinion.

Good - no playing mistakes that I noticed, fairly talented singer, decent sound, solid tone from the bass.
    Bad- repetitive playing, something about the cymbals sounds funny to me, guitar tone is a little twangy.

Personally I don't get music like this (indie rock or whatever the ten dollar name for it is), just doesn't interest me, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

3. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    the sound quality is really good. the song`s are ok, but maybe a bit to repetitive... i dig the tension you build. i really don`t like the lyrics, and the singer`s style, but thats my problem...

:bassist:

4. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The Vocals are too low in my opinion on the second song. The rest of the band thought the vocals were loud enough.
    They didn't want toi mess up the feel of the song....
    I guess I had to give up. :meh: