Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Our first public performance

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rockin John, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Well, we did it....:D

Not exactly a gig, but a public show nevertheless. Last Friday night we setup at the club where we've been rehersing in private for (what seems like) ages. Then we played our set.

Much clapping and appreciation from the audience.:D Even shouts for more.:eek: There were even a couple of musicians watching and they came along at the end and congratulated us.

This was a big, big test for me considering the dreadful nervousness I 'd suffered under the same circumstances, all those years ago when I played. Super bad nervousness was why I packed in music in the old days. But I wasn't nervous at all. Well perhaps just a touch before we actually played. But no throwing up and all that horrid stuff.

We're playing again Thursday night then we're the main act @ our club on Saturday for the Christmas Dance.

I gotta be honest, playing live was a REALLY GREAT THRILL.

Much of the credit for my state of mind last Fri. goes to the TBers who made such positive suggestions when I poster on the nervousness issue, a couple of months ago. So, a big

THANKS

for your help.

John

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Well done John!!!! Now your itching for more!!!! I think that it's the most addictive thing I've ever done!!!!

Our band has hardly gigged, and I'm still suffering withdrawal from the few opportunities that we've had. We've been languishing in the studio trying to record an album for what seems like ages. We had a gig about 7 weeks ago and that reminded me why I'm doing it!!!!

Good luck headlining at the Christmas Dance - have a good 'un!!:D

3. Appreciate the good wishes, Johnny:D :D :D

John

4. Ahhhhh yesssss. Nothing like hearing that enthusiastic audience response, weather you deserve it or not! It's oddly humbling yet fullfilling at the same time. Trent