Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Our first published profile

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ambolina, Dec 3, 2004.

1. ambolina

ambolina Guest

Apr 7, 2004
    San Diego, Ca
    Below is a link to the online version of the profile the major local entertainment/lifestale magazine (The Reader) published about my band this week. Completely misquoted and amusing to us, but press is press and we're happy to have it!

http://www.sdreader.com/published/2004-12-02/musicrev.html

Reading this, I'd wonder how the heck we all ended up in a band together what with the way we became categorized (indie boy, goth girl, metal boy) lol

2. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    Thats awsome! :)

3. ambolina

ambolina Guest

Apr 7, 2004
    San Diego, Ca
    Hey Smash - yes, our drummer really has Gene Simmon's tattood in full KISS gear on the front of his thigh and it's large - probably about 24 inches tall.

I've heard of Lucy's Fur Coat, but they were big here long before I moved hear. They did play a few shows either earlier this summer or last. If you really want to find out what happened to them, my best suggestion is you e-mail Halloran, he's our local DJ who knows the history of every local band here and I know I've heard him mention them on the radio (mhalloran@fm949sd.com).

4. Looks like a great write up. If only the ones done on my bands were as nice... :smug:

Did you mean to write "lifestale?"

5. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    very cool! :D
    i love the photo.

6. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    woah, i went on your bands website and your music is fantastic too!

indie rock without the whine. amazing! :D

7. I have been playing around SD since '91 and i know Charlie Ware from Lucy's ended up going back to his old profession (lawyer or law clerk, something like that) so they pretty much just quit. None of the other guys really did any other known projects. They did do a reunion show in 2001 i think (kinda foggy memories, but i know it happened!)... I'm sure the other guys moved onto other things, but i haven't really been aware of any.. hijack over, back to the thread.... :D

Hey Ambolina, have you guys done anything for sdmusicmatters.com yet? it's another good outlet... we have a really cool live interview on there where they mixed live show footage along with the interview (pretty good sound too!!). No misquoting when it's live!! ;)

8. ambolina

ambolina Guest

Apr 7, 2004
    San Diego, Ca
    We had fun doing those photos earlier this year, but our legs hurt the next day from running up and down the alley jumping around in Chucks, which as cool as they look, don't have jack for support. Shin splints galore! Glad you found our indie-rock non-whiney and pleasant to listen too =) I like it myself. Also glad to see another chickie around here!

Reverend - we had sdmusicmatters.com come out to one our shows so they have a profile/review thingie on their site and some cool pics they took. I'll add getting a live interview w/ them to our list of stuff to do in 2005! Did you just email them through the site to ask?

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I like it. Reminds me of "Return of the Rentals" Cool stuff. And I really like girl bass players for some reason :D