Our front man's phone...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by jshinal, Nov 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jshinal

jshinal

May 28, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    autocorrected "booking a gig" into "Burger King gig."

We agreed that we'll play a gig at Burger King, but no sharing a bill with puppet shows.

This one cheered my morning a bit - anyone else have band related messaging glitches to share ?

GregC, hrodbert696, dbase and 6 others like this.
  2. You guys have to wear the crowns!

hrodbert696 and Sore Thumb like this.
  3. Just hold out for the bigger dressing room. :)

Oddly and hrodbert696 like this.
  4. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Wow.. that's the best of both worlds.. gigging and burgers to boot .. ;)

5. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    A bit OT, but ... There's an open mic, not too far from me in MA, that has an open mic in a McDonalds restaurant. They call it the "MacJam".

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Inactive

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    A little off topic but it reminded me of a funny story.

Long before autocorrect and the interwebz we had to actually listen to songs to get the lyrics of a song and use ancient tools called pencils to write them down on a flat white material called paper. The band I was in did Beer Drinkers and Hellraisers (ZZ Top). The songs coasts along for a while during each verse and then the music stops dead while the vocals carry the next two measures. We listened to one of those lines over and over and over again and simply could not understand what he was saying. We settled on singing the line "Fries at McDonald's sure taste good yeah!!! Beer drinkers and......". Nobody in the audience ever noticed or asked us about it.

(I think I found out years later that the lyric said something about "experimental and professional" but I can't remember for sure.)

Back on topic, my auto correct sent the name of my crazy ex girlfriend to my wife once. I was typing "brain" and it came out "Brianna". That was a sticky sicheeyayshun. :wideyed: Being a sarcastic bastard got me in a little hot water. I could have just said "I have a headache" but nooooooooooo..... I had to try "My brain hurts". :banghead:

7. twinjet

twinjet Powered by GE90s; fueled with coffee. Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Watch for the new album from the Burger King Royals... Flame-Broiled! It's sizzzzzlin' hot!

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  8. fourstr00

fourstr00

Mar 21, 2002
    Chicago Area
    I was running sound at a wedding a couple years back and they were playing Steve Miller’s ‘The Joker’ on request, which they usually don’t cover.

Singer flubbed the words in the middle and ‘saved’ himself by singing “want to eat your peaches and I would like to have sex with you”. Nobody noticed but the band.